Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Book Review: The Orphans of Race Point by Patry Francis

I sit here in awe and wonder having just finished The Orphans of Race Point. In many ways, I found this novel almost miraculous – the depth of the spiritual insight, the perceptive character development, the wondrously engrossing story. I am sure this beautifully constructed  novel will offer hope and mercy to those who read it. Francis takes human anguish, wraps it with courage and love, and transforms it into a story that will stay with me for a long time.  Even the darker characters emerge, under her skilled hand, with much with which to empathize.    

No comments:

Taken by Surprise

I wasn’t sure I’d like Pulitzer Prize winning author David McCullough's Pioneers when I first began reading it. I'd expected a hist...